Wednesday, December 14, 2005

One day in Amsterdam

Well, because I think it's amazingly stupid that someone would buy a christmas-tree and hang it full with swarovski crystals (worth over 200.000 euro's !!), I decided to take a look myself.

The "famous tree" can be admired in The Bijenkorf in Amsterdam, which is a 5 floor big warehouse that sells all kind of different stuff. I found a beautiful picture on the internet, so here it is:


Looks nice, eh?
And now I will show you the "B-E-A-utiful" tree-pictures I made with my cell :P.
















Doesn't it look nice? For me personally, I think they could have hang some plastic/fake jewels in that tree as well. It sucks that these days, with christmas coming closer and the weather getting colder, people prefer buying expensive stuff instead of being there for other people who haven't got anything. When I heard the cost of that tree I really was a bit shocked. How shallow and stupid can one be... It's just another attraction that draws more customers in the store, to buy more useless expensive articles.

Anyway, I just walked into the Bijenkorf, took a picture, went to the toilet, took another few pictures and got out of the building, hehe. I hope next year there will be a tree of life, which won't symbolize the materialism of today, but the real story of Christ.

No comments: