Monday, November 07, 2005

Boy meets Girl


I tend to search through every songlyric database to find songs that fit in how I feel or think... That's not good, because something I just keep looking till I find something and that can take a while!! I find it hard to explain how I feel in words, so I sometimes try to find the right words, put in the right sentence, written by someone else... There are worse things, right?

At the moment I'm sick and tired of certain guys. And I don't mean my friends, my friends are great, hehe :-). But most of the guys I meet are just.. (can I say this word...? I'd better describe it then...) they're just rude, senseless, careless, thoughtless, selfish, only looking at girls as possible conquest or occupational therapy.

It seems impossible to get a normal friendship between a guy and a girl sometimes.
Just two weeks ago, I was in the library in Rotterdam and this guy walked up to me and sat down next to me. He started talking and asking questions like "what are you reading?" or "where do you come from? How old are you?". And he kept looking and staring at me in such a way that I wanted to put a paper bag over head more than ever. I tried to give him the idea that I was trying to read although I wasn't reading anything and all of a sudden he said: "so... when will we go on a date?" and I was like: "what?! well, never!" and he just didn't understand. He started talking about other girls he dated and he gave a lot of information I totally wasn't interested in!! When I made it very very clear that there was NO change I would go out with him, he gave up and went away. THANK GOD.

I'm not saying that every boy is like this and that there are no girls who are just like the boy I just described. The fact is, that it makes me so sad to see people from my age behave this way towards eachother. Looking at eachother as a fulfillment of their needs or longings instead of questioning themselves what they have got to offer to that other person..!!

I'd better stop this blog and end with saying that I know I'm not perfect either. But I try to look more like Jesus every day, even though I make a lot of mistakes and I'm not perfect at all. I just hope and pray that God will make people more aware of how special relationships and friendships are and how special love is. That life and love isn't a game, it's a reality. And if you see it as a game, you can get hurt real bad if you play it the wrong way.
You are, in life, allowed to have fun though ;-).


I will try to write something more positive and happier blog next time.

No comments: